Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day weekend with the fam

Last week I asked what we should do for Labor Day. "You know, something to really commemorate the holiday," I said. "Honestly, what do people do to celebrate Labor Day? Write thank-you notes to coal miners or something?"
No one really seemed interested in that idea, so this is what we did instead:

Saturday: Eric brought his parents and youngest brother for a glance around Baltimore. Nana had been in town to help us out for a week (hooray!). Then Grandpa and Uncle Sam flew in for the weekend (double hooray!). Here Sam and the big boys check out the Inner Harbor:
Later on we enjoyed dinner at my parents' house, topped off by an adrenaline-pumping BYU game in which the Cougs upset Oklahoma! With the Utes' 2008 season and this big win for BYU, good things are happening for the Mountain West Conference. How could you top a summer BBQ and BYU football? Great night!
Sunday: We had Eric's and my family over and then attended Adam's baby blessing at church together. Here the man of the hour gets spruced up for the day:
Unfortunately, I did not digitally capture his adorableness in his blessing outfit--oops! At least we remembered to get a shot of the relatives, who looked lovely despite an unfortunate lighting situation:
What joy to have both sets of grandparents and plenty of uncles and aunts attend! You're so loved, little Adam!

Monday: first we played some softball and enjoyed a neighborhood park.
Later we felled this pine tree, which I guess was about as close as we got to fittingly celebrating the holiday.
Going,
going,
(goofing),
gone!
I'm convinced that all postpartum recovery plans should include some type of lumberjack regimen. It felt incredible to work outside! My sister Michelle was happy to tend Adam for most of the afternoon:
The other boys helped move branches:
After a little post-shower relaxation, we headed home again. So I guess this means that summer's closing up? So long! It's been fun.

3 comments:

Timani said...

Amy, I'm so glad you have good families. The love is palpable and little Adam is so blessed.

Kim said...

Okay, this may be inappropriate but I love Adam's expression in the bathing picture. He's all, "Dude, what the crap?!" I've been chuckling for a good ten minutes.

Can't wait to see you guys! Only two more weeks!

Jill said...

It's so fun to see all of your family in the pictures, and I would have been disappointed if you didn't watch the big game! I need your new address. Can you email it to me when you get the chance, please? walker.jill@sbcglobal.net
THANKS!