Monday, December 27, 2010

Homemade Christmas

This year my family decided to exchange homemade Christmas gifts. The ideas were so creative that I wanted to record them here:
a fleece BYU throw, 
a fabric party banner,
a treasure box filled with pirate supplies,
festive crocheted washcloths,
a POWERFUL potato launcher,
a lap desk,
 a child-size chair,
a guitar strap with a pick case riveted on,
 a photo desk calendar,
 a hollowed-out book with foreign coins hidden inside,
a leather quiver for my brother's arrows,
 a drawstring backpack with Scooby Doo books inside,
a homemade Uglydoll,
 made-from scratch hot cocoa mixes,
a recipe holder and personalized recipe cards,
 a basket of fabric play food,
 a duct tape wallet,
and a Guess Who? game personalized with our family pictures.
I've never had more fun watching gifts being exchanged. What a memorable Christmas morning!

6 comments:

Mahaffey Family said...

I love it! All so creative. What a great idea!

Ali said...

Looks like fun! Which ones did you make? I'm guessing the felt play food, maybe? Hope you had a Merry Christmas! We enjoyed getting your Christmas card! Thanks! :) Maybe some day I'll start doing that!

Erin said...

Cool gifts! I too am wondering which one you made. What a fun, creative way to put your heart into giving. Happy New Year's!

Amy Brinton said...

I made the party banner for my sister Kim, who is always throwing parties. Zachary made the play food (he sat on my lap and measured and cut and pressed the foot pedal on the sewing machine--he was committed!). Eric made the BYU throw, Jacob made the Uglydoll, and Michael made (well, chose the photos for) the photo calendar.

Ann Cue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann Cue said...

I really love this. Thanks for sharing. It is what we did this year too.