Sunday, August 8, 2010

Fenced

This week we got a fence, and it came with all kinds of bonuses. First of all, the fencers brought in a skid steer with a drill attachment. If you ever want some time to fold your laundry, I highly recommend the skid steer:
The skid steer was more than captivating, however: it also left some wonderfully large clumps of dirt behind
PLUS some kid-sized holes.
Are you beginning to see how exciting this all was? There was also a pile of wood perfect for climbing
and some scrap wood for building.
We're talking HOURS of building
(and painting).
I dug this "garage tunnel" by Michael:
We were also given a pile of extra fence planks for the boys to build with. Jacob made a list of 18 ideas for that project, including "a clubhouse," "a pretzel stand," and "a go-kart." We'll see how it goes. 

The fence served us nicely last night, when the boys dropped and retrieved parachute guys during the entire time that I prepared dinner:
Ah yeah.

In other news, 
  • Eric and I had our 8th anniversary on Friday! It's our special tradition to have Eric either be on overnight call or out of town on our anniversary--we observed this ritual for the sixth time in a row. But we celebrated yesterday, when we bought ourselves bikes and then took a fun family ride around Madison. Being married to Eric is my greatest joy.
  • I am the new organist for our church! I've been working for a few hours each week to pipe some new life into my repertoire. It's been a delight and a challenge.
  • The house is coming together! There are many rooms that have NO BOXES in them. Eric's study is "done." There are also blinds in the windows now, and I think that it turned out nicely:

9 comments:

Mahaffey Family said...

How fun to have all that wood for building! I'm glad to see you guys are settled and enjoying life in Wisconsin!

Corrine said...

wow!! looks like you are having a great summer!! LOVE the office!

Ali said...

My favorite part is Zach hammering in a monkey suit because that seems like the natural choice of outfit for building. :)

Wow! The office looks great! Where's your sewing/craft room??? :) (Or is that called the kitchen?)

Kim said...

I vote for the pretzel stand!

Amy Brinton said...

Jorjeta, he's been wearing the monkey suit for three days straight (well, except for church). He gets it filthy and so I've been washing it nightly!
My sewing machine is in the guest bedroom, and yes, crafts are in the kitchen (I'm not making any messes over carpet!). But what I'm most excited about is my PRESCHOOL SPACE! I'm making the corner of our family room into a circle time area with music and reading centers on either side. I wish that you were here to see the space and give me ideas. You're clever with those sorts of things.

Erin said...

The study looks nice, and from what I could see, it looks like you've got a great big backyard! Happy to hear you're getting settled and all is well. Also, the monkey suit is awesome.

Sherrie said...

I miss all those little monkeys...

Sandra Hathorn said...

The study looks great! Is it "done" because there is no gun hanging on the wall yet, haha.
Glad to see you guys are happy there!

Corrine said...

just to let you know... the "sand" on the cake is brown sugar... someone really asked if we put real sand on it. So I just want to clarify. ;)