Saturday, December 18, 2010

Boston weekend

Eric's parents gave us an ideal Christmas gift this year: a weekend date trip to Boston! What on earth would I do with a husband all to myself, I wondered? Everything became a date--the plane ride, the meals, the walks around the hotel, the trip to a used bookstore--everything! Here we are at the Inn at Harvard Square:
The trip's main event was the Harvard University Choir Christmas concert, in which sibs Lindsey and Sam performed beautifully. We also got to see their dorms and meet some friends.
And can I also mention that the 50-degree rain felt like a balmy slice of heaven?
One favorite stop was a trip up to Lexington and Concord,
where we enjoyed a pleasant walk over Old North Bridge.
We partook in strictly local food establishments: a delectable creperie (twice!), a basement Harvard hangout, a Mass Ave Chinese joint, and an iconic hamburger place:
Boston! That city's so cool, someone should name a band after it. We had a really good time.
P.S. ALSO, this date would have not been possible were it not for my dear sister Kimberly, who indulged my children with a weekend of cookie-making, movie-watching, Christmas-tree–decorating, bowling, and game-playing back home in Wisconsin. I'm not sure if they were too busy having fun to take pictures. If I see some, I will post them. I think that the kids probably had as good of a time as we did!  

2 comments:

Erin said...

How fun! I'm glad you got a chance to get away with your hubby, especially before new baby arrives. Enjoyed seeing all of your pictures; your family is getting so big!

Ashley Dickman said...

what a FUN trip! I've always wanted to go there!