Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dryers and decks

I spent half an hour in my dryer drum last night. The reason that I was in the dryer drum was because there was a crayon that went through the cycle and melted down to a fat stripe around the interior. Things like this happen daily.

You may enjoy pictures of something else that happened this week: the kids found some drippings of deck paint and painted themselves, the patio, the house, and their dump trucks red. When I realized what had happened, I told them to de-robe immediately (their clothes were soaked with paint and I was afraid that it would spread everywhere, which it did anyway). So then they were running around the backyard nude, except for the paint:
I carried them in individually to avoid red footprints on the carpet. Then they sat under the shower for a good 20 minutes while I scrubbed paint off the house (which was easy) and off the patio (which was hard). When I came back to scrub the kids, Michael asked to say a prayer in the bathtub. He bowed his head and prayed that they could be more obedient. It's hard to stay frustrated for long. 

3 comments:

Kim said...

Oh, dear little Michael.

Sarah said...

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at this, but I think I'm doing a little of both, and appreciate knowing I'm not the only one to often find messes of this nature...though it seems you handle them far more graciously than I...

Erin said...

Oh, I hope you're not upset that I laughed really hard about your experience. That is really too funny! You reminded me of the time my Jack dumped a nearly full can of paint primer on himself, his beloved blankey, and the kitchen floor. Glad I'm not the only one with curious little boys!