Friday, September 2, 2011

Big day

Yesterday was the first day of school. I stayed up until the wee hours cleaning the house, setting out everything, and doing a lot of details that probably didn't matter (especially since we missed the bus, anyway--the guy was 7 minutes early!). Oh well. Last year I loved the first-day-of-school photo so much that I blew it up to a 16x20 and hung it on my basement wall; this year's lackluster photo was taken as an afterthought as we rushed back into the house to wake up the younger kids and drive to school:
 After we got there, though, I was glad that we had come. I was happy to see Jacob confidently settle down
 and Zachary manage bravely.
Thus comforted, I dropped off Michael and Adam at a friend's house so that I could meet Max at the children's hospital (Eric had brought him earlier that morning for a scheduled MRI).
 Here he is just about to awaken:
Isn't it funny how much you miss your baby after being apart for just a few hours? Holding him as he woke up was a sweet moment.
Also good: the MRI showed that Max has healed well from his surgery, with no adhesions or cysts. He has a day-long visit to the spina bifida clinic next week, and we hope for more good reports then!

P.S. I much preferred the second-day-of-school photos:
1) brother friends,
2) bus stop buddies,
 3) last glances.

I miss my big boys when they're gone for just a few hours, too! But they're loving school, and I guess that I will, too.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Great news and great photos! You have some sweet boys, Brintons!

Ali said...

Awesome! Wow, your kids are growing up so fast! Glad to hear all is well.

Mahaffey Family said...

Such handsome boys you have!
7 minutes early! That's crazy!

Becky Garcia said...

Love this post! I'd love to be a fly on the wall watching Zachary those first days of school. Aaron is having a great kindergarten experience so far. Motherhood is definitely bittersweet.

Erin said...

Thanks for sharing the pics, your boys always have infectious grins on their faces. They must have a top-notch mama.