Friday, December 12, 2008

Raynors!

The first day that we spent at my family's Maryland home, my brother Brian played "Love at Home" on the recorder. This was very sweet, until we all noticed that he was using his nose to blow through the horn. And that pretty much sums up what it's like to be in a home with seven young boys: delightful, in a gross sort of way. Can you tell a Brinton from a Raynor? (Little Mike was missing, probably off chasing the dog as he was inclined to do.) 

One of the things that I loved about growing up in my family is that on Sunday afternoons we would sit around the piano and sing and play for several hours. My sister Michelle continues the tradition with her newfound guitar prowess. 

Here I am with my mom in West Virginia. Isn't it great to be with your mom for a while? There are some things that only they understand. And even though she teaches early-morning seminary and runs a full house, she found time to make up our beds, prepare apple cobbler, and sing at the piano with us.




3 comments:

Ashley Dickman said...

so fun! what troopers you and your little family are!! traveling around everywhere... HOW FUN!!! Your mom looks EXACTLY the same! Your mom is so neat! your kids totally look like raynors!

Corrine said...

looks like fun!! I cant believe how grown up your siblings are!! :)

Kim said...

Ain't no lie.