Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Saintly George

On Sunday afternoon we all headed down to St. George, where Eric had to take a medical licensing exam the next day. We figured that I could drive so that Eric could study, and the kids and I could enjoy southern Utah for a day. 
     While Eric slaved away at the (9-hour–long!) test, the boys and I visited the hotel swimming pool, a dinosaur museum, the LDS St. George Temple, and some other interesting places. Throughout the day, I appreciated the historical significance of the city and its natural beauty, but I was especially impressed with the genuine goodness that I felt from the people there. 
     If we end up moving for Eric's residency training, I'd like to move to a city with "the spirit of Saint George," a place where people seem sincerely happy. Have you visited or lived in that type of city? One where strangers talk to you about the new library downtown or raising boys or French toast just as if you'd been friends all your lives?
 


4 comments:

Jen Howick said...

it looks sooooo warm! cute pics!

Jill said...

Cute pics! Sounds pleasant - except for Eric.

Erin said...

Congratulations on Eric finishing up med school! That's an amazing accomplishment. I look forward to hearing where y'all will be for his residency, any chances on Texas?

Kim said...

Oh, man! I know, right?