Friday, September 25, 2009

Toothpaste in my hair and men's cologne on my neck

It seems, my dears, that the exhaustion is adding up. Yesterday, while rushing out the door to take one child to school and three to the pediatrician's, I managed to smear kids' Aquafresh in my newly flat-ironed hair. Classy! And since we were running justexactlyontime, most of the paste stayed in my hair throughout the office visit (read: until the next morning when I showered).

Later on while I was stumbling out to take out the recycling, I noticed a Macy's catalog. Macy's! And there was a fragrance sample inside--doubly wonderful! So I smeared the sample all over myself only to realize that the woman on the advertisement wasn't actually a woman who would wear the fragrance; she was the girl that a fellow could attract if he were wearing the cologne.

It gets even better, folks. I also neglected to add my young son to our insurance policy in the 30-day grace period, which apparently was also not enough time for me to pay our electric bill:
Seriously?

The other day as I was pushing the crew through the grocery store, Incredulous Store Worker informed me that my oldest and brightest had secured a plastic bag over his head. She looked at me with an expression that I've come to expect: it's the one that says, "Lady, are you out of your mind?"

And for the first time, I wondered, "Maybe she's right?"

6 comments:

Timani said...

WELCOME Amy! It's a unique life few dare to endure.

Thanks so much for being real! I understand. I could do 3, no prob. 4, no prob...until the 2nd month. What have I gotten myself in to??? I'd watch the lady across the street pregnant with her 3rd, but other 2 kids were in school all day and she'd be all ready and come and go as she pleased. I'd get teary watching her. Once I shared my feelings with Dan and he said, "Just think, if we don't have anymore kids, you'll be able to do that in 5 years." I burst out in tears! Then burst again when I was pregnant just a few short months later. (I still didn't have any kids in school yet) That is also when he quit going to school full-time, p/t from there on out, he knew he better meet my demands or he'd be a single dad of those 4 kids. ;)

Jill said...

What did Eric think of the cologne? What a day/week! It sounds like you made it through the office visit for 3 boys with flying colors. That's quite an accomplishment! I sure miss you. Thanks for the book recommendation for the boys - sounds perfect. Please send more my way if as you think of them.

Erin said...

Oh, Amy. Until now I didn't think you ever stressed out! I'm glad to learn you're human. Haha. I know you're doing a great job. You can always tell the good moms by the toothepaste in their hair!

Christine said...

Amy!!! It's been forever, hasn't it?? Wait...do...you...even...remember...me?

Christine Foster!!!!

Of COURSE you remember me. I mean, how could you forget? Looks like things are good with you, congrats on the baby. check out our blog...ashbycrew.blogspot.com.

Sarah said...

SO glad to know you're human (barely :) ) I still wonder if I'm out of my mind with 3...so, I think you're doing amazingly well!!! Wish I could have seen your cute toothpaste-do! :)

Erica said...

Amy I am dying laughing! I love that you smeared men's cologne all over you with a dash of toothpaste! I just love that yes, in my mind, you are still super mom, and a super woman. I still will NEVER forget the lists that you used to make before you would go to bed of all the things that you were going to do the next day. I bet you never thought you'd add toothpaste in hair to your list! You are a great mom and always a great example to me. At least I now know that you also have days when things are crazy, but you are doing a great job!!!