Thursday, October 29, 2009

Winners of the week

1. A re-vamped chore system!
After they complete a daily or Saturday chore (completed Saturday chores go in the "done" envelope),
they can stamp the poster to build up to a Dunkin' Donuts treat.
Ever since my sisters and I helped my mother transport about 500 donuts for a PTA activity (and made ourselves sick sampling them), I have not been that into donuts. So we're not big donut eaters. In fact, when Jacob went to his first Primary Activity Day, he asked his friend why the bagels had frosting on them! So DD is a great incentive.
I used to think that 2- and 3-year-olds couldn't do these kinds of chores. Not so! I was especially proud of Zach for cleaning the bathroom with very little help:

2. A festive basket!
I can't believe that I haven't done this before: holiday-themed books in a spooky little basket. The kids visit it throughout the day.

3. A family tree!
Family relationships are confusing for these little guys, and so we heard a lot of newly-enlightened exclamations during this activity. (For some reason they've picked up the charming phrase "I see!") When it's finished I'll have some art for my walls, which are the same exact color throughout the house: Bone White.

4. A dinner ballot!
The kids got a kick out of this, plus they ate all their food!

5. A TV spot!
Ok, so it was about five seconds on the ten o'clock news, but it was still a little exciting. My favorite part is that I'm representing the t-ball mom. Plus, the interviewer was none other than the star of the Glitterator commercial of my childhood. Fun.

4 comments:

Ali said...

You're cute. Where's the link to your tv spot??? I wanna see. Also, I'm finally starting to see that motherhood really is a 12 hour daily shift of teaching preschool. I wish I was as good at it as you are. :)

Sherrie said...

HA HA! I remember sorting through those donuts! We had laundry baskets full of them.

Fun stuff! I wish I'd had a blog back in dinosaur times to record these precious moments with little ones. Thanks for sharing.

The Hathorns said...

I watched your clip, how neat! I was just thinking of those donuts! I think I brought some of them to school the next day for my birthday!

Erin said...

What awesome ideas! I LOVE the Halloween book basket- so scary!