Thursday, September 6, 2012

Funny kids

On our recent trip to Devil's Lake, Zachary collected a large armful of "seaweed," which he dried on the beach and then took home in his lap. When he heard that my visiting teachers were coming over, he set up a stand: "Zach's fresh Seaweed and tomatoes." He was the sole keeper of the tomatoes this year--he planted them, then watered and weeded them all summer! He was also the sole procurer of "seaweed." 

The prices:

Seaweed 
Normal: $0.50
Awesome $1.00

Tomatoes
Big
$1.00
Small
$0.50
He made two non-family sales that day, a personal record!

Another thing that made me laugh: when I put Max down for a nap one day, I accidentally fell asleep. When I woke up twenty minutes later I couldn't find any of the other kids! Finally I discovered them in the van. "We're having a trunk party!" Michael explained. They gave me a plate and a package of fruit snacks. Adam even traded me a Velma for a Scooby so that I would have all the "guys."

No comments: