Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Adios, Hermano

My sister, niece, dad, and brother have been visiting this week in celebration of my brother James, who left for a two-year church mission today. After two months of training, he'll travel to Chihuahua, Mexico to teach and serve the people there. I look forward to supporting James on his mission because I have a testimony of the Church and of Jesus Christ. But I sure will miss him.  

James, Sandra, and Dad head out for a temple trip.

Jacob was casually saying goodbye when I mentioned that he wouldn't see Uncle James until he was almost seven. Jacob's eyes grew wide and he ran to James and hugged him.

Dad affixes the official name tag.

I put them in matching white shirts and ties so that I could get a (spectacular! Friend-worthy! at least framable!) picture of them in front of the Missionary Training Center, but they were too tuckered out to appease. Maybe next time!

Pues adiós, hermanito. Vamos a jugar baloncesto en dos años, ¿no? Lo anticiparé con felicidad.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I want in on that game.

liz said...

I love reading about your family fun. I wanted to tell you that I think that picture IS Friend-worthy. It is so cute and so real!