Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Back to normal...sort of

Even though Eric and I are still functioning at about 70%, this week has been a birthday party compared to last! On Monday (presumably after they had witnessed our literal lameness at church on Sunday), several concerned friends called or stopped by to offer help. This overwhelming response both humbled and strengthened me. And so I've come to the bottom of a small loop in the "Gratitude Cycle": this is the part where I resolve to view my life holistically, with an appreciation for my comparatively abundant blessings. Today I loved these moments:

1. Sunny little Michael wandered out the backyard to look at the snow, and then he glanced back at me and grinned. 
2. Zachary and I spent a good hour completing a ridiculously fun (and messy!) craft this afternoon. 
3. Eric organized a s'mores night for us, and 
even though Michael lit a dishtowel on fire, Jacob quickly took it from him and threw it on the hearth so that Eric could extinguish it. The excitement never stops around here, and I'm grateful for that, too.

No comments: