Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Right Back at Him

During the last seven years or so, Eric has been sure to remind (read: tease) me about how I'm younger than he is: 

"You'll learn that when you're older."
"I remember feeling that way when I was your age."
and, of course,
"Oh, I'm not worried about raising teenagers. I've already raised one!" 
(I was 19 when we got married.)

I knew that the tables would turn sometime, when I would be able to playfully tease Eric about his aging. Yesterday I had my first chance when he had to have back surgery, which seems to me like a procedure for senior citizens. He is recovering well, although he can't bend, twist, or lift anything over 10 lbs. I have to go now to get the old man some bread and milk.   

2 comments:

Jill said...

I hope the old man is resting and recovering well!

Heather W said...

Matt's favorite line is: "that was before your time."

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I very much like the clever title of your post.