Saturday, January 31, 2009

Do I look fat to you?

Q: Uh, Amy, have you been gaining weight?
A: Are you kidding me? Four pounds? You can tell? 

Q: Any other symptoms?
A: Nauseua, fatigue, lower abdominal pain, amenorrhea.

Q: Hang on! Are you pregnant?
A: Yes!

Q: Don't you have a five-, three-, and one-year-old?
A: Yes.

Q: And isn't your husband starting his residency program this year?
A: Uh, yes.

Q: Are you nuts?
A: I hope not!

Q: Any chance that this one will be a girl?
A: Maybe! I once met a woman in the ultrasound waiting room who wore pink underwear for weeks before her ultrasound date in hopes of getting a girl. I thought about that, but I don't really wear pink underwear (or blue, for that matter). But I do have a purple snowsuit, some Mary Janes, and some hairbows just in case we have a girl. 

Q: What about that marathon you've been training for?
A: I asked, and the OB advised against it (although many women have done it before). Next year!

Q: When's this baby coming?
A: Late August.

Q: Do you have any pregnancy superpowers?
A: Yes! I can smell anything disgusting within a five-mile radius.

Q: What is your favorite thing to eat while you're pregnant?
A: There are a few choice foods that don't bother me. Dryer's lemonade bars are sure sweetening my life right now. And last night I ate half of a jar of Claussen pickles. 

Q: What have your children been eating while you've felt so sick?
A: Very nutritious things.
Q: Like what?
A: Rice Krispies, an entire box of Costco Quaker oatmeal packets, and some popsicles.

Q: What have your children been doing while you've been sick all day long?
A: Puzzles, books, sitting on me and yelling, "Wake up, Mom, it's morning time!" I was very proud of myself for organizing this activity, which allowed me to lie on the ground while the kids got some exercise:
 


Q: Are you excited?
A: Of course! These kids are Eric's and my greatest joys, and we can't wait to meet this next little Brinton.

8 comments:

Leah Z said...

Congratulations, you've lapped me again :) I'm glad more of our Father's spirits will get a home in your family.

Jen Howick said...

Congrats Amy! Nice that we are pregnant together yet again! Except I'm done now and I'm sure you will have at least half a dozen more! ;)

Erin said...

How exciting! And kudos on devising such a clever game for the boys, moms must always resort to such scheming to get some R&R. Keep us updated...

Corrine said...

Congrats!! That is SO exciting... :)

Erica said...

Amy!!! CONGRATS! I am so excited for you and Eric! I can't wait to hear if this one is going to be a girl! You have adorable children and they are lucky to have you as their mother! Congrats...I hope that you feel better soon!!! Luv ya!

Ashley Dickman said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!! How fun! ok, I hate to break it to you, but the girls that I know that have all boys are like superheroes... kind of like yourself so I will not be surprised at all if you have 12 boys and it will be a piece a cake for you! It will make me sick and when my kids are out of control I will send them your way so you can staighten them out! :)

boys need a mom like you so they know what to want and expect in their future wife... CONGRATS!!!

one day I want to meet these handsome little guys!

Jill said...

Congratulations! This is such exciting news! Maybe you should try pink socks. I hope you get over the sickness soon. I wish you could move down here so I could help out with your boys. I thought you were raising the next stripling warriors, but I guess they need sisters too :) Good luck supermom!

Kim said...

As long as you don't put up a growing-fetus widget on your sidebar. Because those things are beyond creepy.