Thursday, January 8, 2009

Some Righteous Tunes

While I run, I usually listen to General Conference on my ipod. Working out the spirit and body, you know? This morning, however, I accidently chose the "shuffle" option and ended up with "Kim's Party Mix," which included the inspiring the rhythms of NKOTB and the like. 

Now here's the moral dilemma: through the use of Nike+ technology, I discovered that I shaved 27 seconds off my mile time with the new playlist. Am I still a good person if I start listening to 90s dance music? Wasn't M.C. Hammer a preacher or something?

5 comments:

Kim said...

Yes! You are now a "good person" and an "awesome person."
BTW, I have a Playlist on my iPod called "Running" with an inordinate amount of early 90's Will Smith on it. My pace goes perfectly with "GIRLS of the WORLD ain't NOTHin' but TROUBle!" It's pretty much the best thing in my life to date.

Erin said...

The fact that you manage to run on a regular basis automatically makes you an amazing person. I need you here tapping on my window at 7 am for some motivation! Seriously though, what time do you go running? I know it must be early.

Jill said...

Rock on sista'! We all know you're Superwoman and will fit in the time more spiritual enlightenment. I haven't done more than my Wii Fit and Personal Fitness games in the past week. You go girl!

Amy Brinton said...

Erin and Jill, I love that you're both complimenting me on my exercise routine because we all know that YOU two are the athletic ones. Wouldn't it be fun to play some basketball together? Then we'd see how far my running schedule took me. I'll I know is that I'd get smoked!

P.S. Erin, on a good day I run at 5:30. On regular days it's an hour later. I've got to get it done before those little animals get up!

Ashley Dickman said...

what are you girls talking about? ;)