Monday, March 16, 2009

Draper Temple open house

Recently we took the boys to the Draper Temple open house, where we were able to take them through the (still undedicated) LDS temple and show them the beautiful ordinance rooms. We barely made it into the last tour group of the day because we came at the wrong time, and I was worried about taking three tired boys through a "silent" hour-long tour. Yet it felt completely peaceful to be there with my family. We believe that the temple is the Lord's house, a connection between earth and heaven. When we came into the sealing room (where couples are married, like the one where Eric and I were married), I told Jacob that this room is like heaven. "Yes," he nodded. "Yes, it is."

2 comments:

Kim said...

Isn't it funny how peaceful and holy the temple feels even before it has been dedicated? I remember walking through the Draper temple and the only thought in my mind was, "This is a good place."

Erin said...

What a good memory for your kids! They're lucky to have such a great mom.