Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Summer fun

Lately I've felt like a schoolchild on summer vacation: there have been no practices, no meetings, no projects! So we've been savoring these last few days until Eric begins his residency, taking advantage of all kinds of Maryland fun.
This week the boys helped pick strawberries at a farm,
sampled them,
and helped make them into jam. (Zachary stuck around for the whole process and was actually a great help cutting off the stems.)
Later we hiked in Catoctin Mountain Park (where I swear the 2.8 mile trail was 5!),
supported the Orioles (with our gate-prize bucket hats),
and just hung out (aren't these inflatable pools the best?).
Next month I'll do some yard work, start a sewing project, and sign up to help in the schools. For now, I'm loving just being a mom!

3 comments:

Timani said...

It sounds heavenly!

mmm-mmmm-good ol' strawberry jam.

I'm glad you're getting some good family time before Eric starts and you start networking (church, school, etc) in your new community.

Erin said...

Sometimes I get tired reading your blog, not b/c they're too lengthy, but because you're so busy! I bet your family is enjoying having you so close. Wish I was there to make jam with you, or should I say to "jam" with you!! Haha, don't you just miss me?

Jill said...

Oh how the strawberries and jam look good. Did you make regular jam or freezer jam? I haven't dared try more than freezer jam. I'm so glad you're finally able to relax and savor the time with your family.