Saturday, December 19, 2009

O Tannenbaum

We weren't going to decorate for Christmas this year because we just got back in town on the 17th from Utah, but it turns out that Christmastime without decorations is pretty lame. Even our Jewish neighbor next door has a tree! So last night, after Eastern Time bedtime but before Mountain Time bedtime, we headed over to a tree lot and poked around...until we found this little beauty and decided to give her a home:
Today we're expected to have a foot and a half of snow and darling Eric is on a 30-hour shift at the hospital, so the kids and I are going to have a cozy book-reading and cookie-making day. And won't it be especially wonderful with the tree and stockings up?

3 comments:

Erin said...

I love Christmas trees and stockings- don't they just make you happy? Send some of your cookies my way please.

Sherrie said...

I bet it smells heavenly! I love a fresh tree.

The Hathorns said...

Yay Christmastime! I'm glad you got home safe and hope it was fun!