Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas break

Seriously, Christmas break has been this fun:
I did most of my Christmas shopping online, on my iPhone, on Interstate 80. We were coming back from Utah. Good heavens, what bargains I found--free express shipping, at least half off on everything. When we got home we had (terribly exciting!) daily deliveries. Then Santa came, which was even more thrilling, because honestly, the only thing better than the FedEx guy bringing you a bargain is Santa bringing you something for FREE. Fun, right?
My favorite gift of the year, though, goes to the biplane that Jacob spent two hours making for Zachary. I wish that this picture showed the cabin and the wings on top. They were really cool.
Aside from all the gift-giving, though, this Christmas season has been especially memorable because we've had plenty of family fun. We hung out with my parents and siblings throughout the week for sleepovers, hiking at Gunpowder State Park, and a trip to the D.C. Temple lights display. Here's everyone but Eric (working) and Adam and I (picture-taking):
Zachary is Grandpa's little tagalong:
And here we are outside the temple on New Year's Day. What a beautiful temple, and what beautiful boys! Here's to a great start on 2010!

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

Sigh. I wish we could do it all over again.... What fun!

Erin said...

I'm very impressed with your ability to hold mulitiple kids at once in that last photo! Quite the feat.

Timani said...

Brilliant...internet shopping while you travel.

Anymore I pretty much do internet everything.

Jacob is such a sweet boy making that wonderfully awesome gift for his brother! (BTW, all your boys are sweet and they get it from their parents, especially their mom!)

I'm so glad you get to live close to your family and have great family fun with them. I'm sure it makes residency more endurable.