Thursday, January 28, 2010

Six and four

Happy, happy birthday to the Brinton boys!
On Tuesday, these guys had their birthday:
It was a splendid celebration.
In their honor, enjoy a sampling of what they were saying in 2009:

Definitions by Jacob
rodent: "It's a little animal that steals stuff."
wild: "Wild is like how tigers don't have manners."
encyclopedia: "It's a book that all these cool facts about something are in!"
Zachary's adventurous ideas
(holding a pair of scissors) "Can I cut my nose off, Mom?"
(holding a handful of spaghetti) "I'm going to juggle this."
(circling a tree with a squirrel in it) "I'm going to kill that skunk!"
and, my favorite, "I'm hot-lava-stone-proof."
Jacob on geography
"Is there a sign after Panama that says, like, 'Welcome to South America'?"
"Why do you think Jesus put a temperate forest in this part of South America?"
(answering Zachary's request for a coconut tree) "Then you have to have an island, and they are very hard to find."
Discipline by Zachary
To his toys: "I love you, I love you, I love you! Don't say bathroom words."
To Michael, who had attempted to swipe Z's milk: "I'll hit ya if you don't repent, Mike."
To Amy: "I'm going to glue you to the wall!" (A: "WHAT?") "But I will take you down if you promise not to get our church clothes on."
Jacob on fairness
(explaining that how our family should handle computer account time limits)
J: "You should only get about two minutes on your account because you only need it for 'Tunes and Mail."
A: "Does Dad need more time?"
J: "Yes."
A: "What does he need it for?"
J: "For watching movies and videos of the president and for answering questions about the germs that are in your body."
Comparisons by Zachary
(while eating tapioca pudding for the first time) "This was made out of beaver...this tastes like beaver."
"Hot dogs look like Band-aids."
Confusion by Zachary
Between Halloween and Easter: "I want to be a vampire for Easter egging."
Between birds and mammals: "Do you remember when I cracked out of your tummy?"
Unusual thoughts by Jacob
"If you could get married with vegetables, I would love to get married with a tomato."
"When you're drinking blood, you're really having oxygen."
Causes of death
Zachary, from underneath Jacob: "Mom! Dying!"
Jacob: "On pbskids they said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but I don't think it's right. I think dinner is the most important because if you didn't have dinner you would starve in the night."
On their faith
J: "I wish that [my kindergarten teacher] would spend more time teaching us about Jesus."

Z: "They ate trunks."
A: "Who?"
Z: "Adam and Eve. They ate trunks."
A: "No, honey, they ate the fruit."
Z: "Then they ate the trunks."
Zachary, on his mom
Z: "What is that fountain there for?"
A: "It's just there to be pretty."
Z: "But you're pretty, Mom."

and, my favorite quotation of the year: simply, "Mom's my girl."

9 comments:

Leah Z said...

Amy, do you have a new email address? I tried sending you a message but it bounced. My account is leah marie zimmerman at gmail (without the spaces and with the @).

Sherrie said...

awwwwwwww! such cuties...

Erin said...

Adorable. I think my favorite is Zachary threatening to glue you to the wall if you put his church clothes on. Do you keep a journal of their cute sayings so you remember them, or is this all from memory?

Amy Brinton said...

I write them all down on a refrigerator notepad so that I can write them down exactly as they're saying them.

Ha ha! As I'm writing this, Zachary is on the couch teaching Adam: "You pray to God, Adam. He's our Savior, you know!"

Sarah said...

They are just delicious! What sweet little gentlemen!!!!! I love all those quotes, some hilarious and some so endearing!!! Thanks for sharing! What a treasure this post is!!!

Jen Howick said...

oh dang, I forgot that it was Zach's bday too -how could I have forgotten that? Happy birthday to him too! Such cute boys!

Sandra Hathorn said...

I was hoping you would post about them for their birthdays! I also write down Maddie quotes (originally inspired by your fridge pad), it has been so fun to look through. We added one today even- We were walking past the lingerie department of JCPenny and M gasped "Oh Mommy, a lot and lot of princess dresses!"

Jill said...

Such amazing boys! I love their sweet sayings and wonderful talents. How did they grow up so fast?

Brittany said...

Cute boys! Wow - 6 and 4! Hope you guys are doing well.