Monday, March 15, 2010

Bins

A couple years ago I started to label toy bins like this:
Functional, but not very cute. (Fisher Price, I hereby apologize for my lame drawing of a "Little People" guy.) Enter Jen, armed with her vinyl-cutting machine and endless creativity, and you have this:
and this:

and this:
and, my favorite, this!
OK, I think that you get the picture(s). No one could be more excited. Well, except maybe these guys, who struck these poses when I asked them how they liked their new bins. (Dramatic?)
Jen, you are the best thing since vinyl. THANKS!

7 comments:

Jill said...

You've inspired me! Some of our containers have gotten too small for our collections - I think our spring cleaning will start there this week. Thanks for the push!!!

Jen Howick said...

YEA! Love the pics -I was hoping you would post some so that I could see the final result. Woohoo! They look awesome and I'm glad everyone is happy! If you want anything else, let me know!!!

Sarah said...

Wow. I'm impressed. My labels aren't even as cute as your 'before' picture I'm afraid. :)

Ali said...

How do you get bins to work? Do your kids actually sort? I'm a lazy mom. :)

Amy Brinton said...

Jorjeta: I only let them get out two bins at a time, and so it's easy to put things away. They self-regulate this rule for some reason, so I actually hardly ever have to remind them to just get out two bins. I think that they enjoy this rule because they are able to make choices about which two bins (or games or whatever) get to stay out and which get put away. And they're not dumpers. They're all very particular about their things. So I do very little to enforce it. Funny kids.

Ali said...

My kids love to dump!

Maybe I'll have bins in my next life...

:)

Vonavie said...

OK, I happened across your blog and you don't know me, but can I have JEN!!! Pretty please! I love those!