Monday, March 29, 2010

Easter Sunday tradition

When Jacob was one year old, I decided to make father and son bow ties for major holidays (Easter, Father's Day, Fourth of July, Christmas). Little did I realize that it would take some serious sewing to keep this tradition rolling, with the quick succession of sons we've had! It's special to me, though, so we've been consistent with our holiday bow tie tradition. (And we've been able to reuse several ties--I'm certainly not making twenty a year!) These photos crack me up:
Easter 2005:
Easter 2006:
Easter 2007:
Easter 2008:
Easter 2009 (when we had the cousins over--the best bow tie line-up ever!):
Easter 2010 (They're still sporting the 2008 ties--thank heaven for elastic! Adam, I'm sorry that I haven't made you an Easter tie yet. Next time, sweet boy!):
Boys, thanks for indulging me. Please don't ever grow too old, independent, or self-concious for this! Love you.

4 comments:

Ashley Dickman said...

that is so cute Amy! I always have Dan and Kaden match ties, but the bow ties... I AM LOVING!

Ali said...

Too cute!!!

Jan said...

These are lovely photos, your boys look great!

Timani said...

I adore the picture of all 4 of your boys smiling!