Friday, September 3, 2010

Jacob, loving first grade

Eric's mom dropped in to visit for a few days this past week. Yeah! Her visit corresponded with the beginning of school, which was a great help to me. The day before school started I was able to go on a last-day-of-summer-vacation date with Jacob, where we went mini-golfing:
The kid even got a hole-in-one and ended up beating me by 12 strokes! (For the record, I didn't even let him win. I am horrible at mini-golf; he turned out to be pretty amazing.)
The next day I sent Jacob off to school smiling:
He literally skipped off the bus that afternoon: "That was just TOO MUCH fun, Mom. The teachers are nice. Everyone is nice." And the next day: "That was 10 BILLION times more fun than yesterday." And the third day: "The days just keep getting more and more fun. It's going to keep going that way forever." If that weren't enough, Jacob has an after-school friend: another first-grader on the bus and he have hung out for a bit after school each day. (Here they are hanging with Zachary.)
He hasn't been this buoyant for months. Do you know how much his happiness cheers my heart? I grin every time I think of him. Hurray for first grade! 

No comments: