Friday, September 24, 2010

Michael, three years old

Darling Michael turned three this week. And what a delightful week it was! He received phone calls, cards, and packages from several loved ones over the past few days. He's felt so special.

If anything defines Michael, it's his talkative, social nature. Michael carries on happy conversations with strangers, memorizes moderately-long picture books, and consistently tells me "thank you for making this dinner for me." Recently he made me blush when he sighed, "Mommy, you make my life so happy." Michael, you are a joy!

We celebrated his third birthday in style with a little Betty Crocker number:
Since he loves playing "restaurant," "store," and "kitchen," he got a shopping basket, a shopping cart, 
and some fabric M&M cookies as gifts. (Zachary and I made these when Michael was napping. Does my homemade gift make up for the semi-homemade cake?)
 The next day we set up a shop for each of the three older boys
and they spent a couple elated hours shopping, exchanging, and bargaining with each other. When Eric came home and joined in, the boys became so excited that they could hardly keep their feet on the ground.
This is just about how excited I am about being with Michael every day. Oh Michael, I could take a dozen of you! Happy, happy birthday.

1 comment:

Jill said...

the cake and cookies look delish! Happy birthday Michael.