Friday, April 10, 2009

Rationalization at its best

Reasons why you should not go skiing when you're 20 weeks pregnant:
1. You have an increased risk of dying.
2. You have an increased risk of feeling like you are going to die. Here's a nice shot of me resting, which I was wont to do about fifty times during each run.
Reasons why you might go anyway:
1. Your husband scored $30 day passes at Park City.
2. You feel like celebrating the end of medical school. Yay!
3. You like to watch your hot husband ski as he tears up the slopes in a manner that makes even the ski patrol jealous. While I'm content on the family-friendly slopes, he goes for things like this:
Fun times! When we got home, we had to stay up until 3 a.m. getting the house ready because the realtor was coming the next morning to appraise it. But some things are worth it, right? (Just don't ask me tomorrow when I can't bend over.)

3 comments:

Jill said...

You know how to live on the edge! It was probably your last chance to ski in Utah for awhile, right? I have to admit I was still snowboarding with Dallas at 20 weeks and 22 with Kyson. It sounds like you still had fun just to be there. Good luck with the realtor appraisal!

Erin said...

You never cease to amaze! It is wonderful news about the new boy! Boys are so adventurous and fun!

Anonymous said...

You look so cute in your ski outfit Amy!