Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Stress relief

Lately I've been waking up in the middle of the night to stress myself out. Did I pack the sleeping bags in the Wisconsin pile or the Baltimore pile? How am I going to repair the broken blinds on my bedroom window? Where did I put the semi-gloss Ultra Pure White paint? Do the kids have any clean pants for today? How many calories were in the junk food that I ate yesterday to combat my stressors? Most of the time I just get up and start working, and the pattern has made for some unusually long days. So last night I decided that we needed to do something non-stressful, wintry, and exhilarating. Sledding!

Seeing these boys jump up after their crashes did good things for my heart. And don't worry; we got smart on successive runs and moved away from any obstacles.

P.S. Documentation of Michael at the event:

4 comments:

Erin said...

Oh my gosh, that looks like SO much fun! You almost make me miss the snow.

Ashley Dickman said...

SO FUN!!! Take care of yourself! I don't like moving... packing for trips.. anything like it!

Ashley Dickman said...

your little guy is so cute talking!

The Hathorns said...

Was that a little "oh, my heavens!" after the second crash? Hahaha...

We miss you guys.