Monday, April 6, 2009

Think pink?

Think again! About five seconds after the ultrasound wand touched by body, I could see a familiar image on the screen. It's a boy, with a sonogram-certified due date of August 24th! We're just thrilled. Four brings all sorts of possibilities: a pair of tennis doubles teams, a barbershop quartet, double bunkbeds! To celebrate, we picked up Eric and went to B&D Burgers, where I gave our new baby boy a generous dose of cholesterol. Afterwards the kids and I went to the zoo and then made some green popcorn balls at home. I don't know what these celebrations had to do with babies or boys, but they made for a pleasant spring day. Who wouldn't want another of these darlings?
(Jacob at his most recent soccer game)
(Zachary's "fierce T-rex" imitation)
(Michael asleep with "baby")
(The boys and "a project")

P.S. Eric's first response when I told him the news: "So now can we get a urinal?" It seems justifiable to me, maybe when we're a little more settled.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. You ought to go buy some new running shoes to celebrate since you will soon be chasing 4 busy boys! However, I hope you're able to slow down and relax once in awhile. You inspire me with all of the fun activities you do. PS - Kyle thinks 2 boys justify a urinal in our next home. We'll see about that one.

Corrine said...

yay!! That is so exciting! It is just the opposite of the "Easton girls" you will have the "Brinton boys" :) Aug 24th is a great date also... my anniversary! you are very much an inspiration! Love all your postings!!

Jen Howick said...

Congrats Amy! A house full of boys, sounds perfect! ;) You still have 4 more tries, right?

Leah Z said...

Congrats, Amy.

Yancy now wants to have boys just so we can get a urinal. What's the appeal? :)

Good luck with your move.

Brittany said...

Congratulations! You're an awesome mom! I'm excited for you!

Sherrie said...

Four boys in a row??

Heaven.

Love,
Mom
(a voice of experience...)