Sunday, April 19, 2009

Six under six

Last night we handed off our three nephews (ages 11 months, three, and four), who we'd been tending for the past eight days. The house has been non-stop fun, and we loved entertaining our six little 'uns!
We made a tent for the big boys to sleep in on "Crazy Night."
The boys all wore coordinating Easter bow ties, and they looked picture-perfect sitting on the pew at church (for the first few minutes, anyway :).
One day we put the big boys to work weeding the garden bed. I think that they actually enjoyed this more than any of the field trips we took during the week!
We spent one evening in the mountains, picnicking, toasting marshmallows, and hiking.
The nephews came out to support Jacob at his game on Saturday. By the end of the overcast week, we were ready for some sun!

It gets even better: while we were in the middle of our nephews' visit, we decided that our home was ready to go on the market. So it needed to be within thirty minutes of being immaculate at all times, just in case we had a showing. Oh, boy. I honestly think that I mopped the kitchen, dining, and living rooms eight times in the past eight days, and I went through almost half a bottle of Windex. It was insane, but I'm sure the boys will always treasure the fun cousins week that we shared. Oh, and in the rare case that Eric and I ever actually have six boys under six in a permanent sort of arrangement, I'm requesting two dishwashers, a trampoline, and a weekly professional massage.

6 comments:

Ashley Dickman said...

CRAZINESS... and you did it like a champ I'm sure! What an adorable picture of them before church and how fun for them!

Jen Howick said...

you are AMAZING!!! but I agree, the pictures are all so cute! If anyone could handle 6 under 6, it's you!

Ali said...

Is it possible for you to have six under six? You're not having twins are you??? I'd go crazy....I can barely handle two kids. :) It's lucky to have so many cousins.

Danielle Gorham said...

your boys are gorgeous, must i add they look just like Raynors!! I wish my baby looked like my family!!

Timani said...

My kids so need a mom like you! That is amazing and I love the pics, esp the bow ties!

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely the best mom, Amy!