Thursday, April 22, 2010

Career day

Yesterday Jacob's school had Career Day, and the kids were asked to come dressed up as their future, working selves. Jacob wants to be "a dad and a doctor." I thought about buying a scrubs set at the toy store, but later decided to $AVE A NET EIGHT DOLLAR$ by sewing it myself. Thrifty, right? After I managed to sew one leg on inside-out, both armholes shut, and the collar on backwards, it eventually worked out:
Oh, how sewing humbles me! This set is higher-quality than a store-bought costume, though, and it matches Eric's. Plus, life skills, right? Jacob left for school looking pretty professional:

The classmates performed some snazzy numbers onstage,
presented individual job reports,
and enjoyed each other's enthusiasm.


And here's a smile from our buoyant junior resident:

5 comments:

jamibrinton said...

Amy, that's so cute! The scrubs look amazing. Way to go Dr. Jacob Brinton!

Timani said...

Awesome!

Please don't tell me that kid on the end with his finger gun wants to be a gangster. ;)

Sherrie said...

It was fun to see Jacob with his school friends!! Thanks for inviting me to tag along.

Mahaffey Family said...

Amy, how fun to see your blog! I'm amazed at all you do-your awesome!

Heather W said...

Great job with those scrubs. I am impressed! Those are way cuter than some I purchased for Paxton last Halloween.

Pax also claims he wants to be a doctor like his daddy when he grows up. Personally I'm hoping he'll change his mind and be an engineer or accountant!