Thursday, April 15, 2010

Endearing

This afternoon a friend and I were rehearsing a piece for church as our kids played downstairs. When we went down to retrieve them, we found that they had been "shopping" in my food storage shelves. "I'm the husband," Zach told me, "and we're shopping at the store." I'm only sorry that I didn't get a shot of Zachary's darling wife. Here are their selections:
Apparently matrimony has been on his mind lately. Yesterday he told me that he is disappointed that his other friend Mary is moving to Chile. "What?" he exclaimed. "But I wanted to marry that girl!" As long as she can handle Zachary's insatiable curiosity (Some kids you can just tell "don't touch the stove," and some kids need to try it themselves! It's starting to heal.),
Zachary's wife is going to be just about the happiest lady in the world.

4 comments:

Timani said...

HE is SOOOOO CUTE!

Ali said...

Wow, nice camera work...in focus, on the swing, in motion! I'm impressed.

Hope things are going well! I've been wanting to talk to lately. Maybe I'll try giving you a call next week.

Erin said...

Oh, his poor hand! I bet he hasn't gone near the stove since then. Jack is always trying to touch the stove, even when I scare him not to.

I love that pic of the swing. It's a great shot!

Amy Brinton said...

Jorjeta and Erin, I started practicing setting the shutter speed on my camera manually. How's that for fancy? I'm beginning to get the hang of it; well, rather I'm starting to realize how much I have left to learn. I've read the entire book Digital Photography for Dummies, and I decided that it's a good thing that I didn't get the book for smarties: most of it eludes me still.