Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Rugby

It's intense, fast, international--what's not to love? Eric and I played a walloping game on Saturday, where His Brawniness scored about a dozen tries. Here he is in action:
O.K., maybe that's not actual, actual footage. But if the other players had been able to catch him by the waist, they would have been airborne. Eric and I, my brother, dad, and son (Jacob) played on the same team and everyone on the field called us all "Raynor." I haven't been called my maiden name for a long time--it felt fun, like I was fourteen years old playing church basketball. (Also, my dad was the oldest guy out there by about 15 years, and the guy was a beast on offense--go Dad!) 

Contact sports! There's nothing like being grass-stain–slammed to the ground to say, "we're friends." Oh, here we go. I found the picture:
Good times.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd say go Dad too!! I am glad you enjoyed rugby games with your family.

I am also a member of a rugby league club. We have gatherings throughout the year, play at least twice a month, and set match against other rugby league clubs. It is all fun in the name of sports!

We also advocate women's rugby league and youth rugby league to encourage women and teens to play the sport.

This game is indeed very physical which is good for the health. So keep playing!

Sherrie said...

A happy day! Dad's ankle is healing, by the way...