Saturday, March 24, 2012

Derby Day

Jacob and I made his pinewood derby car on our own this year. We read a book about it and then read up on the power tools in our garage that we didn't know how to use. We were so excited on race day that we forgot to have Jacob wear his Scout shirt--oops! 
His car was a bullet of a car--our friend who built the track said that it was one of the fastest that has ever raced on that track, edging close to the all-time track record. Jacob ended up coming in second place overall, missing first by .012 of a second. I have to post those facts here because who knows if we'll ever be able to make another "good" car again! It was so exciting that we couldn't even hold the camera in focus:
And here I am with my buddy Tara at the event. (I remembered my Scout shirt--I am a Bear den leader! Love those boys.)

No comments: