Sunday, March 25, 2012

St. Patrick's Day in Chicago

Ever since seeing The Fugitive, haven't you wanted to see the Chicago River dyed green? This year was perfect for it: we are only 2.5 hours from Chicago and the weather was a balmy 80 degrees! So we drove down in the morning, ate lunch at Navy Pier,
and saw the river!
Seriously, that is Irish right there!
We stayed for the parade, too, along with 50,000 others:
It was also the most amusing collection of t-shirt phrases that I've ever seen in my life! A favorite: a little girl with a picture of Iowa on her shirt that said, "Kiss me. I'm Iowa-ish."

In the afternoon Eric went to a temple session (my turn next time!) while I hung out with the kids at the children's museum. They spent a solid hour in the car room:
It was easy to keep track of them because they were all decked out in green! I thought that the exhibits were perfectly suited for a team of brothers:
Chicago, we loved ya! Be back soon!

No comments: