Sunday, March 25, 2012

Kim's wedding!

My next-younger sister, Kim, got married! In New York City! Her husband is a guy whose family was in our ward when we lived in Salt Lake. He's now at Columbia studying Religion. 
     I didn't know if I could swing it to make it to the wedding, but then I scored at $136 flight to the wedding (nonstop there, one stop returning!). And my gracious friend tended the children for me (including making meals, overseeing homework and piano, bedtime routine, EVERYTHING--the girl is a saint!). We (Max and I) were so happy to be able to make it there. 
Here's pretty Kim right before the wedding

and happy Kim and Archie (he's a 5th-generation Archie--can you believe that?) right after the wedding.
All of the wedding-goers:
Afterwards we had a lovely dinner and saw their apartment. It was relieving to be with my sister (my sister Sandra couldn't make it because she was having a baby!).
My brothers and I stopped by Times Square that night, plus we went to Battery Park to catch a foggy glimpse of the Statue of Liberty.
It was a 60-hour trip, of which we spent probably 7 hours with Kim, but an unforgettable day for sure. Congratulations, Kim and Archie!

No comments: